Thứ Bảy, 12 tháng 12, 2015

Giải sách giáo khoa tiếng anh 9 Unit 7: Saving energy


1. Getting started. Look at the pictures. Work with a partner to make a list of things the family could do to save energy.
- Turn off the faucets.
- Turn off the televition and cassette player
- Turn off the lights.

2. Listen and read. True (T) of False (F)? Check (v) the boxes. Then correct the false statements.
1T,2T,3F,4F,5T

3. Speak.
a. Look at the expressions in the tables and pictures. Make suggestions about how to save energy.
b. I think we should turn off the gas cooker
I suggest turning off the gas cooker.
c. I think we should turn off the electric fan
I suggest turning off the electric fan
d. I think we should turn off the TV
I suggest turning off the TV
e. I think we should turn off the light
I suggest turning off the light
f. I think we should turn off the faucet
I suggest turning off the faucet
g. I think we should go by bike instead of motorbike
I suggest going by bike instead of going by motorbike
h. I think we should go to school by bus
I suggest going to school by bus

b. Work in a group of four. Work out an action plan to save energy for your class. The expressions and ideas in section (a) may help you.
A. I think we should go by bus instead of going by motorbike.
B. That's a good idea.
C. How about making posters on energy saving and hanging them arounf our school?
D. Great! Let's do that.

A. I suggest going to school by bike instead of going by motorbike to save energy.
B. That's a good idea.
C. How about making posters on energy saving and hanging them arounf our school?
D. Great! Let's do that.

A. Why don't we replace ordinary light bulbs with energy-savings bulds to save energy?.
B. That's a good idea.
C. How about making posters on energy saving and hanging them arounf our school?
D. Great! Let's do that.

4. Listen.
a. Listen to the news on solar energy and decide whether the statements are true of false. Check (v) the boxes and correct the false statements.
1T,2F,3F,4T,5F
b. Lis ten again and fill in each blank with one word you hear.
1. effective
2. pollution
3. countries
4. store
5. roof
6. instead

5. Read.
a. Which of the following is the best summary of the passage?
3. North American and European countries are interested in saving money and natural resources.

b. Answer the questions. Write the answers in your exercise bool
1. Western consumers are interested in products that will not only work effectively, but also save money.
2. We can replace an ordinary 100 watt light bulb with an energy-saving bulb.
3. If she uses two energy-saving bulbs instead, she will pay US$2 for lighting.
4. The purpose of the labeling scheme is o help consumers to know how energy efficient each model is.
5. We should save energy because the source of energy is limited. So if we go on wasting it, it will be run out soon! We should save energy because by saving energy we can conserve the Earth's resources.

6. Write.
a. Match each part of a speech in column A to a suitable function in column B.
1B,2C,3A
b. Put the following sections in the correct place to complete a speech.
3,2,1
c. Choose one of the following topics and prepare a speech for your classmates. The ideas in the callouts may help you.
REDUCING GARBAGE:
1. Good morning, everybody. I'm Nguyen Ngoc C and now I'm going to tell you how to keep the environment clean.
2. Most of us discard too much garbage and this dirties our environment. We can reduce this amount by:
- Collecting plastic bags.
- Not keeping solid waste with food waste.
- Putting different kinds of waste in different places.
3. If you follow these simple rules, you'll keep our environment clean, that is you save natural resources.

RESUSING PAPER:
1. Good afternoon everybody. I'm Nguen Ngoc C and not I'm going to tell you how to save natural recources. 
2. Most of us use too much paper. We can reduce this amount by:
- Having a separate wastebasket for wastepaper.
- keeping sheets with single printed page for drafting.
3. If you follow shese simple rules, not only you save natural recources, nut also you save some money.

SAVING ENERGY IN THE KITCHEN:
1. Good evening, everybody. I'm Phan Trong D and now I'm going to tell you how to save money.
2. Many of us use too much energy in the kitchen. We can reduce this amount by:
- turning off the lights when not necessary
- preparing food carefully before turning on the stove
- keeping the refrigerator door closed
3. If you follow these simple rules, not only you save money, but also you save natural resources.

7. Language focus.
1. Complete the sentences. Use the correct connectives. 
a. and
b. but
c. because
d. therefore
e. or
f. so
g. and
h. however

2. Complete the sentences. Use the right tense form of the phrasal verbs in the box and the pictures.
a. look after
b. go on
c. looked for
d. turn on
e. turn off

3. Make suggestions.
a. Your class wants to help the poor in the neighborhood of your school. The following ideas may help you.
I suggest collecting unused clothes
I suggest organizing a show to raise money
I suggest giving lessons to poor children
I suggest helping elderly people and war invalids with their chores.
I suggest looking after their children while they are out for work

b. Your friend wants to improve his/her English. The following ideas may help you.
I suggest you should write sentences with new words
I suggest you should speak English in class
I suggest you should buy a good dictionary
I suggest you should do some reading in English every day
I suggest you should try to listen to songs, and new in English on TV or on the radio.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét