Thứ Năm, 15 tháng 10, 2015

Giải sách bài tập tiếng anh 8 Unit 12: A vacation abroad.


1. Underline and rewrite the mispelt words.
a. accomodation -> accommodation
b. wether -> weather
c. suvernirs -> souvenirs
d. delecious -> delicious
e.

2. Underline and rewrite the inappropriate words.
a. painted -> carved
b. bring -> wear
c. overhead -> over
d. situated -> located
e. a famous -> an infamous

3. List the countries in the country box under the appropriate continent. Then you can add more countries that you know to the continents.
Africa
Asia
Europe
North America
South America
Algeria
Angola
Ethiopia
Sudan Kenya
China,
Iraq
Vietnam,
Malaysia
Japan
Hungary
France
Italy
Greece
Spain
Canada
The United States of America
Brazil
Cuba
Ecuador
Argentina
Chile

4. Mrs.Quyen plans to travel around the USA. However, she isn’t sure about the weather there. Look at the weather forecast, then help her write the answers for the following questions.
a. It is rainy and cool with the temprature of 40 F.
b. It is windy and rather cool with the temprature of 50 F.
c. It is rainy and lightning with the temprature of 57 F.
d. It is sunny and sometimes cloudy with the temprature of 75 F.
e. It is sunny and hot with the temprature of 90 F.
f. It is sunny and rather hot with the temprature of 80 F.

5. Study the following situations. Then use the cues to make proper invitations, acceptances and declines.
b. You:Would you like to come to my house to have my birthday party on the weekend?
Doan Trang: Thank for your invitation. I’d love to.
c. Minh: Let’s go to the cateen now. Tuan.
Tuan: That’s very kind of you, but I have to go and see my teacher.
d. You: Would you like to come to see a football math at the stadium on Saturday evening with me ?
Your friend: That ‘s a good idea. Where are we going to meet?
e. Your father: Would you like to go to the restaurant to celebrate our graduation day?
Your father’s friend: Ok. Thank.
f. Quan :
Nhu Hoa :

6. Put the verbs into the correct form, past progressive or simple past.
b. I was in the countryside with my grandfather some weeks ago. One night I ( walk ) was walking along a country road when suddenly I ( hear ) heard footsteps behind me. Somebody ( follow ) was following me. Then I ( start ) started to run.
c. Mrs. Smith ( invite ) invited Mrs.Quyen to have dinner while Mrs.Quyen  ( visit ) was visiting the USA.
d. Mrs. Quyen ( do ) did shopping while Mr. Thanh ( attend ) was attending a business meeting.
e. How fast ( the girl / ride ) was the girl riding when the accident ( happen ) happened ?
f. I ( go ) went o the post office to receive a parcel yesterday. While I ( fill out ) was filling out the form one of my old friends ( slap ) slapped me on my shoulder. I ( be ) was so happy to meet him.
g. Yesterday Tuan ( ask ) asked me to go to the station with him, but I ( not want ) didn’t want to leave the house because I ( wait ) was waiting for a phone call.
h. During the study period in class yesterday, it ( be ) was hard for us to cocentrate because the students next door ( make ) were making so much noise.

7. An American teenager is visiting Hoi An, an ancient town in Quang Nam province. Complete the posrcard she has written with the words in the box.
Dear Jenny,
We are having a wonderful time in Hoi An. The streets here are so narrow that cars not allowed to enter the center of the town .Therefore we have to walk .The houses are very old but beautiful. However, I don’t like the way they do business. It seems that every house has a shop to sell souvenirs and other stuffs. The people are very friendly and helpful. The food looks funny but it tastes quite nice. I haven’t bought anythings for you. But I will buy you some little colourful lanterns.
See you soon.
Love,
Jill
"New one in, old one out" - Có mới nới cũ.
8. Fill in each gap with one word from the box.
1. capital
2. populous
3. lagest
4. its
5. visitors
6. and
7. historic
8. the
9. home
10. population
11. research
12. schools
13. rest
14. university
15. well

9. Read the passage and answer the multiple-choice questions.
a. A
b. A
c. B
d. A
e. C
f. B

3 nhận xét: