Thứ Năm, 12 tháng 11, 2015

Giải sách giáo khoa tiếng anh 8 Unit 4 : Our past


1. Getting started. Look at the picture. Write the names of the things that do not belong to the past.
The TV, Briefcase, Cassette player, The mobile phone, The lighting fixture, Modern dress, School uniforms

2. Listen and Read.
Work with a partner. Ask and answer the questions.
a. Nga's grandmother used to live on a farm.
b. Because she had to stay home and help her mom.
c. She used to cook the meals, clean the house and wash the clothes.
d. Her great-grandmother lit the lamp and her great-grandfather used to tell them stories.
e. She asked her grandmother to tell her the tale The Lost Shoe.

Fact (F) or opinion (O)? Check (v) the boxes.
a. F
b. F
c. F
d. F
e. O
f. O

3. Speak.
Work with a partner. Look at the pictures. Talk about the way things used to be and the way they are now.
People used to live in thatched cottages. Now people live in large houses.
People used to travel on foot. Now they travel by bike, motobike, car, bus, ...
People used to work hard all the time. Now they have more time for intertaiment such as watching TV, shopping, ect.
Children used to play on the fields or on the country lanes. Now children go to school or stay at home playing video games, computer games, ect.
There used to be no electricity. Now there is electricity in almost everywhere.

Now tell your partner about the things you used to do last year.
Last year I used to walk to school. Now, I go to school by bike.
Last year I used to swim on the weekend. Now, I play tennis on the weekend.
Last year I used to drink milk for breakfast. Now, I drink orange juice for breakfast.

4. Listen
b.

5. Read.
Complete the sentences with words from the story.
a. farmer
b. died
c. had - again
d. choose
e. new clothes
f. lost

Answer the questions. Write the answers in your exercise book.
a. Littele Pea was a poor farmer's daughter.
b. Stout Nut's mother made Little Pea do the chores all day.
c. A fairy appeared and magically changed Little Pea's rags into beatifull clothes.
d. The prince decided to marry the girl who owned the shoe.
e. No, this isn't a true story. This is a folktale.

6. Write
Complete the story. Use the verbs in the box.
1. appeared
2. was
3. said
4. left
5. went
6. tied
7. lit
8. burned
9. escaped

Now imagine you are the man. Use the words to write the story. Start like this.
One day as I was in the field and my buffalo was grazing nearby, a tiger came. It taked why the strong buffalo was my servant and why I was its master. I told the tiger that I had something called wisdom. The tiger wanted to see it, but I told it I left the wisdom at home that day. Then I tied the tiger to a tree with a rope because I didn't want it to eat my buffalo. I went to get some straw which I said was my wisdom and I burned the tiger. The tiger escaped, but today it still has black stripes from the burns.

7. Language focus.
1. Write the past simple form of each verb.
b. flew
c. took
d. went
e. had
f. did
g. was/were
h. rode
i. ate
j. sat
k. came

2. Complete the dialogue below. Use the past simple.
b. did - get
rode
c. was
d. did - have
had

3. Complete the sentences. Use the prepositions in the table.
b. in
c. between
d. at - after
e. before

4. Look at the pictures. Complete the dialogue. Use used to and the verbs in the box.
b. used to have
c. used to be
d. used to live

Giải sách giáo khoa tiếng anh 8 Unit 5 : Study habits

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét